Saturday, May 31, 2008

On the Road with a Stomach Bug, Part 1

We survived the trip but just barely! The kids and I joined my parents on a road adventure to Tennessee and Georgia to visit two of my three siblings. My husband was unable to get off work, so he didn't have the pleasure of joining us. My mom and I have made this trip multiple times, including once when Delaney and Landon were only four months old and HATED their car seats!

Delaney was already ill with a stomach bug when we began our trip to TN to see Aunt Brandy and her family. We had to make many stops to change VERY soiled diapers. Problems in that region accompanied by sitting in the car for prolonged amounts of time added up to a MAJOR diaper rash. She was miserable! Every time she would need to "go," she would cry out and at the same time say, "I'm okay, I'm okay." It was heartbreaking. Needless to say, we had to stop for the night rather than driving straight through as planned. Her little bottom needed a break! Up to this point, the boys did great and enjoyed their own personal dvd players. Barney entertained Landon, while Rylan preferred The Wiggles.

Our stay at the hotel ~


Rylan helped Papa with the luggage cart.

Landon slept well in bed with Papa and Grammy!

Delaney felt miserable. It was so sad!

5 comments:

Brandy said...

I LOVE the new look! That picture of the three of them looking off Jeff's deck is priceless....

Claremont First Ward said...

Poor Delaney.........I love your new header picture, too!

Mama said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog...I was so excited to find someone in a similar situation and to hear how it is when they're all a little older. I slacked on blogging again so I just got your comment now but I've had so much fun reading your blog. I loved reading about your road trip (minus the stomach bug of course) and think it's so great that you were able to do that.
I'm looking forward to reading more and to seeing what lies ahead for us as our kids get older! :)

Mama said...

PS-- I love your "annoying comments"! We get the same ones and I swear, it drives me crazy. I now always respond with answers that make the person confused:
"Are they identical?" "Yes, except for the p@nis."
"Wow- you have your hands full" (usually said in a not-so-nice way) "Thank you so much!!!!!!"
"Do twins run in your family?" "No, but they run in my fertility clinic."

I love watching the looks on peoples' faces when I give them the answers :) And I have found that the BEST answer is making having three look like it's the easiest thing in the world. I always try to have a smile on my face when we're out and laugh with the kids as often as possible.

The Ski's said...

Hey, hey, hey!!!! I was so glad to get your comments! It is nice to hear from you. It seems like forever since I have checked in on all of you! I am glad to hear that Rylan and Reid come from the same mold! What a pistol Reid is. I am thinking that this has a lot to do with his age...and I pray I make it through. There are some days when he just sucks my energy dry!!!! Terrible to say, isn't it???? I just wanted to say thanks again for stopping by. I would love to see some recent pics of Rylan. How is he doing? How is his speech coming along??? Do you go to a speech therapist for him? We are just getting into that phase, and I love to hear what others are also doing. Please stop by again....and do take care!
Much love!
Janeen